Delicious Paleo Chocolate Cherry Brownies that are so simple to make, and not cakey at all! The perfect chocolate treat with a healthy twist. These brownies are gluten-free, grain free, dairy free, vegetarian and paleo friendly!
This recipe is so easy to make, you just toss all the ingredients together and they are ready in minutes. Whenever you have a craving or need to take dessert to an event, just whip these bad boys up in minutes. They will quickly become your go-to brownie recipe!
For Paleo Recipe’s I personally like to use two types of flour:
Almond flour, which is the most popular and high in protein, but FULL of nuts! (Beware if you’re allergic)
Coconut flour, the cheaper alternative that’s virtually non-allergenic, but can be a difficult flour to work with considering how much liquid it absorbs during baking.
In my recipe, I use coconut flour, but you can sub one for the other easily, and it will still taste delicious.
MAKE IT VEGAN!
If you want to make this recipe vegan, just sub the eggs for a flax egg.
- A flax egg is simply 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal whisked together with 2.5 tablespoons warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes to form a flax “egg”
Okay, this isn’t technically an ‘essential,’ but I absolutely love the edges of brownies so I had to invest in this brownie pan that guarantees you always get the crunchy edges we all love! It’s so amazing, all my brownies come out with the same consistency and they’re never too overcooked or too soft. 10/10 recommended!
So now, without further adieu, the delicious paleo brownie recipe you came here for… Enjoy!
Paleo Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- 4 large eggs
- 2 T. + ¼ c. coconut oil melted
- ½ c. maple syrup preferably local
- ¼ c. almond milk unsweetened
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. chopped pitted cherries
- Place top oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch brownie pan with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chopped, pitted cherries and any juices (if using frozen cherries) and fold until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. (Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly).
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!